Students serve in various tasks at their home church, applying the practical aspects of Christianity and servanthood as they learn to follow Christ. Four semesters of Practical Christian Ministry are required for graduation. Each class will also have required reading as part of the classroom assignment. Each class will also have required reading as part of the classroom assignment.
- Grow more in love with Jesus Christ, establishing a deeper knowledge of Him and intimacy with Him through the study of His Word. The primary goal of this class and the CCSoD as a whole is to grow in your relationship with Jesus.
- Learn the principles of faithfulness and humility by becoming part of a local church community.
- Demonstrate consistency in serving at a local church community
- Attendance/Participation – Required to serve weekly at a local church
- Homework – Each week you will be required to practical ministry report
- Midterm – THERE WILL BE NO MIDTERM
- Final – BOOK REPORT: Calvary Chapel Distinctives by Chuck Smith
Your grade in this class will be based upon the criteria above. The percentages are as follows:
Attendance = 30%
Homework = 30%
Midterm = 0%
Final = 40%
97-100 A+ 77-79 C+ Below 60 F
93-96 A 73-76 C
90-92 A- 70-72 C-
87-89 B+ 67-69 D+
83-86 B 63-66 D
80-82 B- 60-62 D-
Anyone who plagiarizes (i.e., presents as one’s own work something which has been taken from someone else) may receive an automatic failure on that piece of work and a warning. (Plagiarism can involve the taking of an idea or structure of a written work as well as the actual copying of what is written.) If you use someone else’s material, you must give them proper credit for using their work. For a first-time offense, the student will receive a 0% grade for the paper with a 1-week grace period to rectify and correct the paper. If such corrections are made on time and to the standards of the course outline the result will be a grade maximum grade of 60%. A second offense of plagiarism will result in failure (“F”) for the final course grade.