A good leader is first a student of God’s Word and a member of a community of faith. Four semesters of Midweek or Sunday morning Church Attendance are required for graduation. Each class will also have required reading as part of the classroom assignment.
- Grow more in love with Jesus Christ, establishing a deeper knowledge of Him and intimacy with Him through the study of His Word. The primary goal of this class and the CCSoD as a whole is to grow in your relationship with Jesus.
- Learn the principles of faithfulness and humility by becoming part of a local church community.
- Demonstrate consistency in receiving instruction through a local church community
- Attendance/Participation – Required to attend a Sunday morning or Midweek service each week
- Homework – Each week you will be required to submit message notes from a Sunday morning sermon or a Midweek Bible Study
- Midterm – THERE WILL BE NO MIDTERM
- Final – BOOK REPORT: Faith by Chuck Smith
Your grade in this class will be based upon the criteria above. The percentages are as follows:
Attendance = 30%
Homework = 30%
Midterm = 0%
Final = 40%
97-100 A+ 77-79 C+ Below 60 F
93-96 A 73-76 C
90-92 A- 70-72 C-
87-89 B+ 67-69 D+
83-86 B 63-66 D
80-82 B- 60-62 D-
Anyone who plagiarizes (i.e., presents as one’s own work something which has been taken from someone else) may receive an automatic failure on that piece of work and a warning. (Plagiarism can involve the taking of an idea or structure of a written work as well as the actual copying of what is written.) If you use someone else’s material, you must give them proper credit for using their work. For a first-time offense, the student will receive a 0% grade for the paper with a 1-week grace period to rectify and correct the paper. If such corrections are made on time and to the standards of the course outline the result will be a grade maximum grade of 60%. A second offense of plagiarism will result in failure (“F”) for the final course grade.